AROA - The Asian Railway Operators Association
AROA is a select group of urban and mainline railway operators and is designed to;
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information,
- promote awareness of new technologies,
- highlight, address and respond to the challenges facing rail-bound transportation in the Asia Pacific region.
The emphasis of the association is very much on the sharing of expertise and experience for the mutual benefit of all members. Through the association’s activities members have an unequalled opportunity to contribute to and learn from their wealth of collective knowledge.
This is achieved primarily through tdhrail, the association’s official journal and the Annual Congress held every year in conjunction with Rail Solutions Asia
Beyond this, AROA acts as a focal point for bringing members together for the purposes of bilateral visits and technical collaborations.
|» MTR - Hong Kong||» KCRC - Hong Kong||» SBS – Singapore||» TRTC – Taipei|
|» BTS - Bangkok||» LRTA – Manila||» PNR – Philippines||» VR – Vietnam|
|» SMRT – Shanghai||» KTMB – Malaysia||» SRT – Thailand||» SMRT – Seoul|
|» SMSC – Seoul|
- Membership is at a corporate level and is open to all railway operators in the Asia Pacific region.
- To standardise the remit of the association, across all of its members, five key areas of railway activity have been identified;
- Projects & Planning
- Permanent Way & Infrastructure
- Rolling Stock
- Signalling & Communications
- Operations & Maintenance
- Each member can therefore nominate up to five of their staff to represent their corporation in the association’s activities.
- In turn, each of these staff members will represent one of the key areas listed above.
- Nominated staff should have a good working knowledge of English